Care Innovations® Privacy Notice
Our Commitment to Privacy
Care Innovations, LLC ("Care Innovations") is committed to compliance with data privacy laws that apply to our activities in each location that we operate. We are committed to responding to your questions or concerns regarding the privacy of your personal information as it relates to our website, applications, products, or services (together the "Products") in a timely manner.
What This Policy Covers
This Policy does not apply to the practices of businesses or websites we do not own or control, nor to people we do not employ or manage. Our sites may include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Care Innovations. In some cases, when linking to another site, you still may see Care Innovations branding even though you are actually reviewing content provided by a third party. If you submit personal information while on those sites, your information is subject to their privacy policies, and you should review those policies.
Your Consent to This Policy
This Policy is part of the terms and conditions that govern your use of our Products. By visiting, ordering, or using our Products, or by participating in one of our programs, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
- We collect transactional information (such as your name, email address, telephone number), as well as information you actively provide to us; for example, when you place an order.
- We collect personal information through surveys, marketing events, and in the delivery and execution of products and/or services to you.
- We may enter into strategic relationships with other companies (our "Partners") who offer programs, products, and services that may be of interest to you. If you participate in one of these programs or receive their products or services, our Partner may send us personal information about you as part of our strategic relationship.
- We collect personal information about our visitors from public sources and from other companies that have the right to share that information with us.
- In your use of our Products, we may collect the unique identifier of your device, the operating system, and application version.
- In connection with your use of our mobile sites or application, we may collect your location-based information for the purpose of providing you promotional offerings in a geographic location.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information:
- to provide the information, programs, products and service you request;
- to personalize your experience when you use our websites and applications;
- to support the functionality and to personalize the layout and content of our Products to match your needs, interests, and preferences;
- to send you promotional messages and special offers based on your privacy preferences;
- for security and fraud prevention purposes;
- to better understand our website visitors and how they use our Products;
- to improve our Products; and
- to better market our Products.
Sharing of Information with Others
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your personal information with Care Innovations affiliates worldwide, Partners, service providers, or other authorized third parties to provide the information, products, and services that you have requested, or to personalize your experience.
- We may share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf, such as companies providing application management, marketing support, and technical infrastructure support.
Our service providers, Partners, and affiliates are restricted to use the personal information we share with them only for the limited purposes for which we provide it to them, and to take reasonable measures to protect your personal information. We do not knowingly allow third parties to use your personal information for purposes other than as set forth in this Policy.
We may transfer your personal information to another entity if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets; for example, as the result of a sale, merger, or reorganization, insolvency, dissolution, or liquidation. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring entity's use of your personal information will still be subject to this Policy.
There are other limited circumstances in which we may share or transfer your personal information to unrelated third parties; including, for example, when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with a law, regulatory requirement, court order, or a subpoena; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect legal rights, property, or safety of you, Care Innovations, or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, or the public in general.
Protection of Your Personal Information
We implement appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security for the management and transmission of personal data, including appropriate security measures designed to protect such data from accidental or unlawful destruction, or accidental loss, misuse, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access.
Updating and Retention of Your Personal Information
You may update, delete, or correct your information at any time by contacting us. When contacting us, you may be asked to verify your identity. We may limit or deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity, if it involves the disclosure of confidential or sensitive information, or is otherwise permitted under applicable law.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Transfer of Your Personal Information Outside This Country
Our websites and databases currently reside on servers in the United States, but at times we may use supplemental facilities located outside of the country. Different countries have different data protection laws, some of which provide more protection than others. If and when we transfer your personal information from one country to another country, we take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and personal information. By using our websites or participating in our programs, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to any country in the world in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Web Technologies We Use to Collect Information
When you visit one of our websites, we may use the following web technologies to collect the following types of information:
- Browser: We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you access our Products. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider and the type of operating system and browser installed on your computer.
- Web Beacons: The pages on this website may contain electronic images known as "Web beacons" - sometimes called "single-pixel gifs" or "clear gifs." We use these Web beacons to learn more about the ways visitors use our Products and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We also may include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We may link information obtained using any Web beacons to other information that identifies you personally.
- Analytics: We use third-party analytics, which allow us to ensure that subsequent visits to our Products are recorded as belonging to the same unique visitor and to show us how you found us.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting: We may use data from Google's Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics primarily to improve our marketing campaigns and website content. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings tool. As an added privacy measure, you can use Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- We may utilize additional technologies, but the use of those technologies will comply with this Policy.
This website is not directed at, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 13. If you believe your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us so that we can identify and delete your child's personal information. Some links on the Care Innovations website may send you to third-party sites that are directed to children. These web sites have their own privacy notices, and we encourage you to read these privacy notices.
We comply with the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) with respect to personally identifiable health information ("PHI"). If any Product contains your PHI, it will be maintained in accordance with applicable law unless and until it is no longer PHI, or until such time as you authorize otherwise. Further details regarding PHI can be found in the applicable Product Terms.
Modifications to this Policy
- This Policy may be supplemented or amended by Product Terms and/or privacy notices provided at the time we collect specific personal information. In addition, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to make changes to this Policy at any time.
- By continuing to participate in our programs or use our Products following such posting, you are agreeing to any changes to this Policy. If you do not agree to any changes in our Policy, you must discontinue use of our Products.
How to contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy practices
You may contact us by writing us at:
Care Innovations, LLC
3721 Douglas Blvd., Suite 100
Roseville, CA 95661
Or Email Us
Effective Date: June 18, 2013
Last updated: March 24, 2016