Effective Date: June 18, 2013
Last updated: April 23, 2020
Care Innovations provides a company website available to the general public that describes our company, our applications, our products, and our services. It allows you to interact with us to seek more information that meets your interests. Care Innovations also grants access to Health Harmony through a portal to allow those granted access to do their work.
- the personal information that we may have collected, used, and disclosed in the past twelve months and may continue to collect, use, and/or disclose.
- your rights under the laws that provide you with rights.
NOTE: If you have provided or will provide a separate consent or authorization for our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, then we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information according to that consent or authorization.
If we provide you with a privacy notice in another context, such as when we interact with you through our applications, products, and services, that notice may provide relevant information about additional information collection, use, and disclosure.
Collection of Personal Information Through Your Use of Our Website and the Health Harmony Portal
In the prior 12 months, we have collected and may continue to collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: such as a real name, postal address, telephone number, email address, and unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier, cookies, and similar technology, and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), internet protocol address, and other similar identifiers.
- Professional or employment-related information: if you choose to share it with us, such as when you seek information about our products and services, use the Health Harmony portal, or use your employer-issued email address to communicate with us.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: such as information about your interactions with our website or the Health Harmony portal.
Use of Personal Information Collected Through Your Use of Our Website and the Health Harmony Portal
We may have used and may continue to use personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you regarding features, products, or services that may be of interest to you including promotional messages and special offers;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Perform technical and support services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, or providing other similar services;
- Provide you with access to our products and services, such as logging into the Health Harmony portal;
- Support the functionality of the website and the Health Harmony portal;
- Comply with laws and orders;
- Undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
- For the Health Harmony portal:
- auditing related to your current interaction with us and related transactions, including for example auditing your compliance with the care program.
- enhancing current or developing new services and products.
We may have obtained during the past 12 months and will continue to obtain personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you; and
- From your devices, such as when you log in to our website or the Health Harmony portal.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may have shared during the past 12 months and may continue to share all categories of your personal information listed above with the following:
- our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- governmental authorities and as necessary to comply with law or a valid request.
- our vendors and other professionals who provide us with services and perform services on our behalf or at our request, such as supporting our communications, application management, marketing support, and technical infrastructure support.
If reasonably necessary, in the future, we may transfer all categories of your personal information to another entity if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets; for example, as the result of a sale, merger, or reorganization, insolvency, dissolution, or liquidation.
What Security Do We Provide?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your personal information. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information.
Transfer of Your Personal Information Outside the United States
Our websites and databases currently reside on servers in the United States, but at times we may use facilities located outside of the country at the direction of our customers. For example, if you are a health care provider using the Health Harmony portal under an agreement with your employer or clinical site that is outside the United States, we will maintain your Personal Information in the location that is specified under the agreement, which may be the country of the clinical site.
Web Technologies We Use to Collect Information While You Are Using Our Website and Health Harmony Portal
We may use the following web technologies to collect the following types of information:
- Browser: We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you access our website. One example is the IP address of your Internet service provider and the type of operating system and browser installed on your computer.
- Analytics: We use third-party analytics to facilitate your use of our website and the Health Harmony portal and for technical infrastructure support.
Our Health Harmony portal is not designed to collect information from individuals under the age of 21 unless supervised by an adult, and we do not have actual knowledge that we sell personal information of individuals under 21 years of age.
Our website is not designed to collect information from individuals under the age of 13 unless supervised by an adult, and we do not have actual knowledge that we sell personal information of minors under 13 years of age.
California Consumer Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, then you have certain choices regarding your personal information.
Request to know: You may have the right to request to know the personal information we have collected, used, and shared: the specific pieces of personal information we collected during the prior twelve months; the categories of your personal information that we collected during the prior twelve months; the categories of your personal information that we shared for a business purpose to a third party during the prior twelve months; the categories of the sources of the personal information that we collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the category of third parties to whom we disclosed your personal information. You may exercise this right twice a year.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you. However, we may not be able to continue to provide the products and services if we delete your personal information.
Sale: We do not sell your personal information.
If you exercise certain rights, please understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of our website or our Health Harmony portal. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, we will not discriminate against you.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to personal information or complying with your request to delete or opt out. Usually, we will ask you to provide us with specific information that identifies you which we would match to information we have on file. If we cannot verify your identity based on the information you provide, we will let you know that we cannot fulfil your request and we reserve the right to do so. For example, if you do not have an email address or other direct contact information on file with us, then there may be no reasonable method for us to verify your identity.
Please note that if we maintain your personal information on behalf of another organization, we may need to refer you to that organization to respond to your request.
Modifications to This Policy